Information provided in accordance with Article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council (“GDPR”)
To follow is a description of the methods used for processing personal data supplied by you in filling out the order form for purchasing a ticket with GTM.
- The Data Controller is Genova Trasporti Marittimi S.r.l., in the person of the legal representative, domiciled address for the purposes at the company’s head offices, at Calata Boccardo no. 8, 16128, Genova (hereafter “GTM” or “Data Controller”). For any communications, please contact GTM at the following addresses: Calata Boccardo no. 8, 16128, Genova; or email: email@example.com.
- The processing of your personal data will be geared towards:
- a) fulfilling services requested by you upon filling out the order form to purchase the ticket;
- b) sending out promotional information, newsletters and information about events linked to GTM activities and products, including via email.
- The processing of your data for the purposes set out under Article 2 lett. a) is necessary to conclude and execute the transportation contract to which you are party (Art. 6 paragraph 1, lett. b of the GDPR).
Communicating your data for the purposes set out under Article 2 lett. a) is a contractual obligation. Failure to do so will render it impossible to enter into a contractual relationship with GTM.
For the purposes as at Article 2 lett. a), your personal data will be stored for 10 years following the conclusion of the transportation contract with GTM.
For the purposes as at Article 2 lett. a), your personal data may a) be communicated to the following categories of parties: companies providing computer infrastructures and assistance services and IT consultancy, as well as designing and producing software and websites; professional firms and consultancy companies for providing accounting and taxation assistance, as well as dispute management services; Administrative Authorities who can access data by virtue of legal provisions stipulated by the European Union or that of the member State of the Data Controller (e.g.: port authorities appointed to control and supervise maritime traffic, the Financial Guard and Customs).
- The data processed for the purposes of article 2 lett. a) may also include your sensitive personal data as per article 9 of the GDPR (health-related data), the processing of which is necessary to fulfil the obligations and exercise the rights set out in regulations governing the transportation sector (art. 9 paragraph 2 lett. b) of the GDPR).
- The processing of your data for purposes as per Art. 2 lett. b) may only occur if you give your express consent. You may withdraw consent at any time by sending communication thereof to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to said withdrawal.
There is no legal and/or contractual obligation to provide us with your personal data for the purposes set out under Art. 2 lett. b). Failure to communicate the data, whether wholly and/or in part, may render it impossible for our company to provide you with the information described under art. 2 lett. b) described above.
For the purposes described under Art. 2 lett. b), your personal data will be stored for a maximum of 10 years from when you provide your consent, notwithstanding your right to cancel said consent. Once the above storage time has elapsed, the data will be destroyed, cancelled or rendered anonymous, in accordance with technical cancellation and backup techniques.
For the purposes described under Art. 2 lett. b), your personal data will be communicated to the company which manages the application used for sending emails containing promotional information, newsletters and events concerning GTM’s activities and products.
- The data gathered will be processed within the European Union.
- You are entitled to the following rights:
– to ask the Data Controller for access to the personal data (Art. 15 GDPR) and to have them rectified (Art. 16 GDPR) or cancelled (Art. 17 GDPR), or to restrict processing which involves said data (art. 18 GDPR);
– to oppose their processing (Art. 21 GDPR), in addition to the entitlement to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR);
– to submit a complaint to the Privacy Ombudsman.
In order to exercise each of your rights, you can contact the Data Controller, in the person of the legal representative, by sending communication thereof to the head offices at Calata Boccardo no. 8, 16128, Genova, or by sending an email to: email@example.com.